Friday, June 17, 2011

Courage Vs. Fear

Michigan teen, Angeline Levasseur, has spent most of her 18 years of life in a wheelchair as a result of spina bifida. Refusing to believe that she has a disability, Angeline set a goal for herself of which her classmates were unaware. Sunday, June 5, 2011, with the help of a full body brace and leg and arm braces, high school senior Angeline surprised all attendees as she walked across the stage at her Pinckney Community High School graduation ceremony. Acting on courage, Angeline cast all fears aside to reach her goal. (Source: ClickOnDetroit.com)

Being courageous does not mean you will have no fear. It simply means you will conquer fear, not allowing it to consume you. When life presses you down and you struggle to stand strong and suppress fear, know that God tells us in Isaiah 41:13, "For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." Moments before that, in verse 10 of the same chapter, he said, "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Believe in yourself. If anyone can conquer this situation, you can. None of us were created to be better than any others. We all have the ability to push through hardships and to stand courageous in the face of fear. The difference lies in how you choose to handle it. Will you master the fear courageously as Angeline did, or will you back down, say "I can't," and let fear win?

No comments:

Post a Comment